|Why Flag is Folded 13 Times
When to Display the American Flag
The flag should be displayed, from sunrise to sunset, on all days when the weather permits, especially on:
- New Year's Day, January 1.
- Inauguration Day.
- Martin Luther King's Birthday, Third Monday in January.
- Lincoln's Birthday. Washington's Birthday, February 22.
- Easter Sunday.
- Mother's Day, Second Sunday in May.
- Armed Forces Day, Third Saturday in May.
- Memorial Day (half-staff until noon), Last Monday in May.
- Flag Day, June 14th.
- Independence Day, July 4th.
- Labor Day, First Monday in September.
- Constitution Day, September 17th.
- Columbus Day, October 12th.
- Navy Day, October 13th.
- Veterans Day, November 11th.
- Thanksgiving Day, Fourth Thursday in November.
- Christmas Day, December 25th.
- Election Days (various).
- Federally observed dates of the above holidays which may be different from the actual dates.
- Such days as may be proclaimed by the President of the United States.
- State and Local Holidays.